Friday 20 March 2020

Whimsy Stamps Fresh Friday - Up In The Clouds

Hello everyone.

Wishing you all well today, I can hardly believe what is happening in the world at the moment, it is truly shocking and more than a little scary!

It almost feels trivial to be sat here creating and sharing at such a time of stress for so many.  

I only hope that the colourful world we create is a break from the madness and gives some solace!

Stay safe and well friends!

I'm back today to show you a card I made for our 
Whimsy Stamps 
Fresh Friday Feature!

If you follow the link 
HERE
you can see all of this week's
Fresh Friday Products

Every week, we'll be mixing up new goodies with a few oldies from the stash. 

This week, I'm playing with
Up In The Clouds Die Set
This card is something a little different for me but I really enjoyed making it!  It's really amazing how looking through older stash with fresh eyes can give you new ideas!

I created an aperture mask of a square and fixed it to a piece of watercolour card.

I blended from the top down, Distress Oxides in
Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Abandoned Coral, then I flicked a little bit of water over it and let it dry naturally.

I die cut the sun from a piece of card I had already swooshed some Arteza Brush pens on for another project!  I always keep bits of inky card because you never know when they will come in useful! (;

I die cut the clouds from watercolour card and vellum and fixed the sun and the clouds to the card as shown with 

Finally I stamped the sentiment from the 
onto watercolour card and
and die cut it with a die from the 


If you have nt already joined, it's a great time to become a member of the 
Whimsy Stamps

..and there's more! ... if you join up following this link
you will get a $5 off reward discount!

Please have a good look around the 

at the gorgeous cards by the rest of the Whimsy Stamps Creative Team – and then follow that with a trip to 
store for some essential retail therapy!

Thank you for popping by today!

I hope you are all managing to stay safe and healthy in these uncertain and worrying times!

Happy Crafting

From Sue…xxx
Up in the Clouds Die Set Bunny Buddies Clear Stamps Quick Strips Die Set
Crafty Foam Tape White

3 comments:

Fikreta said...

SO nice card!

Annette said...

Gorgeous ink-work. xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

That is really stunning Sue! LOVE that beautiful sky and so clever with just the diecuts as accent. Truly beautiful ink work. LOVE it hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo