Tuesday 10 March 2020

Chicks and Chocolates!...

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Today I have something to show you that combines two of my favourite things...
colouring and chocolate! 

I have used a great new release item from 
Whimsy Stamps
which I am certainly going to be using a lot!

Hexagon Treat Box Die
I have written a quick tutorial for you so you can see how I put this lovely box together!
The first thing I did was stamp and colour one of the the cute chicks from the 
Early Birds Clear Stamp Set by Dustin Pike
Then I inked up a piece of card with blue ink and stencilled darker blue dots over the top.  I die cut a hexagon from the inky card with the 
Nested Hexagon Die Set
 
I inked up a second piece of card so that the inky patch was about the same size as the 
Hexagon Treat Box Die
Then using the 
Farmhouse Basket Stencil I inked the card again.
I die cut the inky card with the 
Hexagon Treat Box Die

I then used the 
Nested Hexagon Die Set
  to cut an aperture in the box lid, the blue dotty hexagon created earlier and a piece of acetate.
I layered the die cut acetate and the dotty hexagon and fixed the to the box lid.  This creates a box lid you can see through.
Using a bone folder I made all the creases in the die cut box.  (You'll thank me for the tip of using a bone folder, it makes the creases really sharp which in turn makes sticking the box together really straightforward)!  I fixed the box together with 
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive

Finally I fixed the chick to the top of the box with a 
Mini Action Wobble Spring
This was such fun to make and is a really cute gift!  Who can resist that wobbly chick - not to mention the chocolates! 

If you have nt already joined, it's a great time to become a member of the 
Whimsy Stamps

..and there's more! ... if you join up following this link
you will get a $5 off reward discount!

Please have a good look around the 
at the gorgeous cards by the rest of the Whimsy Stamps Creative Team – and then follow that with a trip to 
store for some essential retail therapy!

Happy Crafting

From Sue…xxx


*NEW Hexagon Treat Box Die Early Birds Clear Stamps *NEW Nested Hexagon Die Set
Farmhouse Basket Stencil  Nuvo - Deluxe Adhesive

Mini Action Wobbles Springs - 12 pack

4 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is so cool Sue! I love that sweet new box design and so cute the action wobble for your chickie, I bet it's quite compelling! Gorgeous colouring too hun (as always!). Hugs, Wends xoxo

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love everything about your project...the cool die, the fabulous stencilling and the gorgeous image
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Annette said...

Wow, fab stencilling. xx

Fikreta said...

its gorgeous!
love it!