Saturday, 30 October 2021
Whimsy Stamps - ATC Book Die and Eye Scream Stamps
Friday, 29 October 2021
Quick Cards with Vintage Poinsettia Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps
Thursday, 28 October 2021
Decorate a Tree Die Set and ATC Sleigh Ride - Whimsy Stamps
First though I created some inky backgrounds to die cut the trees from with a selection of green Distress Oxides, water and mica powder. I'll pop a link to a tutorial at the end of this post showing how I make my backgrounds.
The card background and the frame are created in the same way but with only one ink colour - Tumbled Glass.
Wednesday, 20 October 2021
Whimsy Stamps - Vintage Poinsettia
Saturday, 16 October 2021
Nevermore Papers and Hourglass Die - Whimsy Stamps
Thursday, 14 October 2021
Eye Scream! - Whimsy Stamps
Wednesday, 13 October 2021
Pumpkin Spice Pandas - Whimsy Stamps
Sunday, 10 October 2021
Whimsy Stamps - Leaf Border Stamp and Die Combo...
Tuesday, 5 October 2021
Gargoyle and Friends - Whimsy Stamps
Monday, 4 October 2021
Stamping Bella - Don'ttalktomebeforemycoffeeaBella!
Sunday, 3 October 2021
Whimsy Stamps Halloween - World Cardmaking Day 2021
Sue Hastead – Whimsy Creative Team
Ingredients from Whimsy Stamps
Black Glitter or Sparkle Card
Card Suitable for Mixed Media – I used Strathmore
Distress Oxides in Hickory Smoke, Pumice Stone and Antique Linen, Black Soot
White Acrylic Paint
1. Cut a piece of black cardstock to 10.5 x 8 inches
2. Score the card vertically at 3.5 and 7 inches
3. On the left hand side of the card make a pencil mark 3.5cm up from the bottom. Draw a diagonal line from the mark up to the top left hand corner.
4. Cut along the diagonal line and discard the upper portion.
5. Fold and crease the scored lines as shown.
6. Create three panels of black sparkle or glitter card to fit just inside each panel of the concertina card. These will each be 3 and 4/8ths of an inch wide and you will need to measure the height of each panel and cut the top diagonally to fit.
7. Repeat step 6 to cut and fix the Nevermore paper to each panel and then fix the panels to the concertina card blank.
8. Blend Hickory Smoke Distress Ink across a third of a piece of 6 x 8 inch mixed media card.
9. Repeat stage 8 with Distress Oxide in Pumice Stone…
10. …and repeat again with Antique Linen…
11. Mix some mica powder with water and splatter it over the inky card. Allow to dry. If you are impatient like me you can speed this up with a heat tool! Repeat the splatter process with white acrylic paint and Distress Oxide in Black Soot.
12. You should end up with a piece of card which looks something like this.
13. From the inky card die cut a selection of the spooky dies in the ingredients list. Die cut some ghosts with vellum.
14. Distress the edges of the inky die cuts with Black Soot Distress Ink.
15. Finally, enjoy creating your spooky card by adding the die cuts as shown!
I added a strip of black card die cut with the grass edger along the bottom of the Dracula and Graveyard panel. I completely forgot to photograph that but hopefully you can see it in the photos.
Thank you so much for popping by today!
Happy Spooky Crafting friends!
Affiliate links are included in this post and can be used at no cost to you