Friday 29 November 2019

Purple Onion Designs Holiday Sale...

I am so happy and proud to have been asked by lovely Michele from 
to Guest Design for her 
Annual Holiday Sale

This is so exciting for me as I absolutely adore these gorgeous designs!


I had a lovely time deciding which of my stamps to use and really enjoyed creating some cards so be sure to look out for them over the next two weeks while the sale is on!

This card is created with a selection of stamps designed for Michele by Stacey Yacula.

I have used them to create a little scene.

Here some photos to hopefully help explain how I stamped and masked everything.

Before I started the serious business of stamping and masking I did a practice piece on a piece of card where I did nt bother masking, I just stamped everything where I wanted it to be using acetate to line things up.  I then made marks on my stamp platform with tape to make sure I stamped the sleigh and the stable in the same place on my working design.

 
The first image I stamped was the 
I masked the portion of the card where the little dog 
would sit and stamped him over the top.
I then placed a piece of acetate over the top of the card and stamped the
onto it.
 Then I placed the other stamps on the stamped barn in the position I wanted them to be on my design.  I have used ...
This was made so much easier by using the brilliant 
I stamped everything onto the acetate to check its position before I stamped it on to the design.
When I was happy with how the design looked I removed the acetate and then stamped and masked all the gorgeous images. 
Then I put the acetate back over the design and lined up the 
with the purple tape marks made earlier.  I stamped the barn onto the acetate to check everything was still properly in place.  (Thank goodness for acetate)! 
Then I removed the acetate and stamped the Barn Door Background onto the design.
Next came my favourite part - removing the masking tape and colouring the whole scene.

I simply can't tell you how much I enjoyed creating and colouring this scene!
It really is straightforward if you take it slowly and use acetate to check the position of everything before stamping it on your design!
 Here is the full list of my ingredients from
Other Ingredients
Bockingford HP Card
Extreme Black Hybrid Ink Pad by MFT
Acetate
Derwent Lightfast Pencils
Honeybee Stamps River Rock Stencil
Chunky White Embossing Enamel by Stampendous
Please have a good look around the 
At the gorgeous cards by the Design Team – and then follow that with a trip to 
store for some essential retail therapy!

Happy Crafting

From Sue…xxx





4 comments:

Sarah said...

You are incredibly clever Sue! What a gorgeous card x

Fikreta said...

its super pretty card!

nonna said...

Just love it

Annette said...

Wow on the card, and huge congratulations for your GD spot. Very well deserved. xx