Saturday 16 November 2019

I'll be gnome for Christmas...

Happy Saturday everyone!

So - I had a plan (as you do) (: ... 
to turn the fab
into Christmas Gnomes!

SUCH FUN!

(...and it just goes to show how versatile wonderful Whimsy Stamps are and how you can easily stretch your stash)!

Hope you like this as much as I do!
I stamped this gorgeous gnomie in black ink onto white card.
I used Copic Markers to colour the background first.  I always do it that way round just in case I fluff it up!  Freehand drawing backgrounds is still new to me and I don't always get them how I like them first time round!
I started by colouring outward from the lantern.  I used circular strokes to give the impression of the light from the lamp - although I think to be honest it looks more like the moon!  I decided not to get uptight as either option is fine!  It can be what you want it to be - there are no mistakes in art - right!!

I coloured outward from the lantern with Copics in the following order - Y00, Y02, Y11, B00, B07, B09, B99, and then went back over it a few times to improve the depth and the blend, don't worry too much about it being a totally smooth blend, it really does nt need to be for this background to work!
Once I was happy with the glow/moon (: I coloured the rest of the background with B99 and then added the trees.  They are so straightforward to do, they are basically tall triangles with squiggles coming out of them! 

I followed a fabulous tutorial by Sandy Allnock on colouring the trees which you can find 
HERE


Once I had finished the background I coloured the rest of the image.

Copic Markers Used
Glow - Y00, Y02, Y11
Sky - B00, B07, B09, B99
Trees - C8
Gnome & Snail R05, R37, R89, W1, W3, W5, E30, E33, E37

I used the following 
 sets to create the 
sentiment across the bottom of the design.

Finally I added the snowy dots with a white gel pen.
... and remember, a gnome is for life not just for Christmas! (;


Please have a good look around the 
At the gorgeous new release cards by the rest of the Whimsy Stamps Creative Team – and then follow that with a trip to 
store for some essential retail therapy!

Happy Crafting

From Sue…xxx

Gnome Matter What Clear Stamps You're My Favorite Clear Stamps Magical Birthday Wishes Clear Stamps You're My Jolly Clear Stamps



2 comments:

Fikreta said...

love this card!
its stunnning!
hugs

Annette said...

Fabulous background. Really stunning colouring. xx