Monday 28 January 2019

Old Geezer!...

Hello friends, 

Hope it's a Happy Monday!

I'm here today to show you some fabulous goodies from 
January release!

To make this card I first stamped the Buffalo Plaid Background Rubber Cling Stamp and heat embossed it in black.

Then I blended the background with Distress Ink Pads in Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire.

I created the background for the Old Geezer by lightly blending the same distress inks onto a piece of card, sprinkling it with water and splattering it with black acrylic paint.

I repeated this on a second piece of card and then die cut the Old Fart Word Die.

I stamped the Old Geezer Clear Stamp in black ink and coloured him with Copics, adding the plaid pattern to his jacket and slippers with a black fine liner and a white gel pen.

I square cut the plaid background and the blended background and layered them together then I added the old fart die cut and the old geezer as shown!

Finally I die cut one of the strips from the New Quick Strips Die Set and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Old Geezer Clear Stamp set onto it.

I trimmed the strip slightly and fixed it to the top right hand side of the card design as shown.
Thank you for popping by!


Be sure to pop to 
to see the gorgeous DT creations there and then to 
to engage in some essential retail therapy!

love from Sue...xxx


    







5 comments:

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Sue, made me smile.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Annette said...

I love that plaid stamp and how you've used the inks for it. It's so versatile and effective. I may have to add that stamp to my ever growing wishlist! He's fabulous Sue, amazing colouring as always and fabulous inkiness!

Sarah said...

LOL...hilarious!! The background is fantastic x

Kelly Lloyd said...

I love everything about this card, the Image, the sentiment and the background are all fab
Xx

Fikreta said...

so great card!