Thursday 4 October 2018

Part 2 - Traditional Christmas or Old Fashioned Girl!...

Hello everyone, 

I'm back here with the second part of today's wonderful 
Whimsy Stamps new release!

I absolutely love Deb Davis' designs.  Deb is so clever and creates the beautiful 
Whimsy Stamps clear stamp sets which always have so much included in them!

I have used her gorgeous new release Christmas Set

Here is a little tutorial about how I made today's project.

Ingredients - Glory To God Clear Stamps, White Candle, Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad, Tissues, Greaseproof Paper
I stamped the images on one layer of the tissue (you will need to split the tissue apart) with black ink.
...then I cut the images out as close as possible to the edges and laid the tissue on the candle where I wanted the final design to be.
...next I tightly wrapped the candle in greaseproof paper to cove the tissue image - it is important that the greaseproof paper is very tightly wrapped!
...then I used my heat tool to apply heat to the greaseproof paper.  The heat causes the wax to melt slightly and absorb the tissue leaving the image on the surface of the candle.
Do not hold the heat gun too close to the candle or too long over the same spot or the wax will melt completely and ruin the image.  The heat tool should be held about 25cm away from the paper and slowly moved over the whole image - it may take a while but I promise it is worth it!
It is really exciting when you take the paper away to reveal your stamped design on the candle!
Finally I decorated the candle with twine and some sequins and stood it on a candle plate!

I really enjoyed doing this - why don't you have a go and show your projects to us at 
Whimsy Stamps and Inspiration
you can find us on Facebook by following the link 
HERE

Be sure to pop to 
to see the gorgeous DT creations there and then to 
to engage in some essential retail therapy!

Thank you for popping by,
Happy creating! 
love from Sue...xxx


4 comments:

Annette said...

I bought a candle about 5 years ago to have a try at this, and never been brave enough to do it! It's a lovely project and would make a great gift. xx

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous !

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This looks amazing! I love stamped candle designs, but have never tried doing this myself! Awesome step by step, thank you! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Andrea Shell said...

These is gorgeous! Love this idea! Thanks for the tutorial!