Saturday 20 March 2021

Zen Garden - Whimsy Stamps

Hello everyone... 

Today we have a super mini release at 

I made some Mixed Media ATC style cards with a beautiful new stamp
and I I really don't know what to say about them! /-:
This is my first (and quite possibly my last)! attempt at anything like this!

I am full of admiration for all you Mixed Media Artists out there - you are incredibly creative and I don't know how you do it!  All I seemed to achieve was an incredibly messy desk and a blister on my forefinger! (:

(...also apologies for the photo fail - we are in a period of very bad light again here and I am having difficulty capturing a decent photo of anything)!
Here's how I made these cards...

Firstly I took a piece of Strathmore Bristol Vellum Card and I blended lines of Distress Oxides in Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, Shaded Lavender and Tumbled Glass from the bottom upwards.  I then sprayed it with water and let it dry.

Then I die cut the card three times with the largest 
and stamped the 
Zen Garden image onto it with black ink as shown.

Then I rubbed texture paste through a different stencil on each card and let it dry.

Next I used a red oil pastel (I use Caran d'Ache Neopastels but any would be fine- I think you could also use Distress Crayons for this if you have them), and using my finger I rubbed red hearts onto the design using a die cut made with the 
as a stencil.

I repeated this process with a black oil pastel and the Polka Dot Stencil.

I then coloured the centre of the flowers with Arteza Pencils.  (I just used three random yellow orange and red ones)

I then flicked Mica Powder mixed with water followed by white paint (I used Copic Opaque White but any would do) over the designs and let everything dry.

Finally I stamped several sentiments from the
Simple Sentiments Clear Stamps Set
onto kraft card, cut them out and fixed them to the card designs as shown.
 
Ingredients from Whimsy Stamps
Thank you for popping by....
Have a super weekend,
love from
Sue...xxx

Rounded Rectangles Die Set - Whimsy Stamps **NEW Zen Garden Rubber Cling Stamp - Whimsy Stamps Slimline Hearts Background Die - Whimsy Stamps

Honeycomb Drips Stencil - Whimsy Stamps Sun Rays Stencil - Whimsy Stamps

Brick Pattern Stencil - Whimsy Stamps Polka Dot Stencil - Whimsy Stamps

Simple Sentiment Strips Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps


Other Ingredients
Distress Oxides in Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, Shaded Lavender and Tumbled Glass 
Copic Opaque White
Honey Doo Crafts Mica Powder
Kraft Cardstock



1 comment:

Fikreta said...

so very nice !