Sunday 24 June 2018

I'm forever blowing bubbles...

Hello everyone!

I'm here today with a technique that uses Copic refills and washing up liquid to create a really fun bubbly background!


The items I have used for this background technique are - 
A piece of Glossy Photo Paper, Copic refills BG15, BG13, FBG2, plastic disposable cups, plastic straws and household washing up liquid.
I put a little bit of Copic refill BG13, a little Copic Colourless Blender and some washing up liquid in a plastic cup.  You need enough washing up liquid to make the refills quite thick and sticky.
Then, I put the straw in the liquid and blew through it to create bubbles!
There are a few things to be careful of at this stage!  Firstly, do not blow too hard or all the liquid will fly up and out of the cup and splash your face - I know this to be true!!! Secondly, please remember to blow through the straw - do not forget and suck the liquid up!
So - blow quite gently and slowly and steadily until you have a cup full of bubbles!
Then I placed a piece of glossy photo paper glossy side down onto the bubbles and pressed down so the bubbles burst on the paper.
Repeat this several times until you are happy with how it looks!
Next is the exciting part when you see the pattern the bubbles have made on the card!
Then I changed colour, and repeated the technique with FBG2
I had far too much fun playing with these bubbles - I think this has become one of my favourite techniques!
                              
I made quite few bubbly backgrounds - I did n't want to waste the Copic Ink so I made some for another time!
The background will dry after a few hours and all the bubbles left on the card will disappear!
There was really only one image I could put with such a fabulous bubbly background - hands up if you are also thinking of mermaids!!!
Ingredients from our lovely Dies To Die For

Other Ingredients
Make It Colour Blending card by Elaine Hughes Marker Geek
Memory Box Small Ringlets Die
Copic Markers - 
Skin - E11, E000, E00
Hair - YR21, E35, E37
Shell - E04, E01, E00
Tail - V17, BV13, B60 (Thank you to lovely Elaine Marker Geek for this mermaid tail colour combo)!
I had such fun doing this!  It would be great if you could try this too and show us your cards at
Copic Marker Europe on Facebook.
To find us just follow the link

Thank you for popping by.
Happy Copic colouring

from Sue...xxx





6 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

That looks like such fun. Might have to give that a go. Fabulous card xx

Fiona said...

wow this is fab Sue!

Fi
x

Annette said...

I don't know how you come up with these ideas but they're fab. Great tutorial too (although it does look a little messy!!! LOL). xx

Darnell said...

How super cool and fun, Sue! Thank you for sharing! I don't have Copics so I'm wondering what other product might work ... your finished card is so perfect with the bubbly background!! Hugs, Darnell

marilynwillauer said...

Oh my, quite impressive! Absolutely love your card🐬🐠🐬

Fikreta said...

so great card!
hugs