Sunday 12 November 2017

Let yourself sparkle...

Good Morning everyone.

Happy Wednesday!

I have written a tutorial which I hope will help you colour your Christmas images as I have used Copic Colourless Blender to create a festive glow!
I have chosen an image which I think is perfect for practicing this technique as it has a lot of light bulbs!
Sassy String Lights by Kirsten Winkelbauer for Whimsy Stamps
First I coloured the background around the image with
B34 - it doesn't need to be too neat
Then I coloured more of the background with B37 - I am working with my Copics light to dark here.
Next I added B39
I then coloured the background again with the same colours to smooth out the blending transitions
I was finally happy when the image looked like this and I was then able to start creating the glow around the lights using Colourless Blender and a Cotton Bud
I dipped the end of the bud in colourless blender and pressed the end down on top of each bulb, the effect will look like this
It is important to keep the bud still and just place it down once on each light to begin with.
I then carried on placing Colourless Blender on every bulb.  I let the blender dry and then went round again repeating the same process, I did this three times as it helped to really bleach the centre of each bulb.
You can see that some of the blue colour has run into the image.  Don't panic! This can easily be pushed out with a Colourless Blender Marker.
I then coloured the rest of this gorgeous image.
Skin - E71, E51, E50, YR32
Hair - E42, E43, E44, E59
T Shirt -RV69, R39, R35, R35, R32
Once I had finished this, I went round again with the colourless blender and the Cotton Bud so that the same glow could be created in her hair and on her shirt.
I added some colour to the light bulbs and finished the image with
YR16, Y02, YG97, YG03
Finally, I added some detail to the background with a white gel pen
I had such fun doing this!  It would be great if you could try this to and show us your cards at
Copic Marker Europe on Facebook.
To find us just follow the link
Ingredients
Make it Colour Blending Card by Elaine Hughes (Marker Geek)
Memento Ink Pad in Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers
Glitter Card by Crafter's Companion
Archival Ink in Cobalt (sentiment)
Thank you for popping by.
Happy Copic colouring
from Sue...xxx

7 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

What a gorgeous card Sue, love your beautiful colouring and fab tutorials x

Annette said...

Wow very clever to do those lights like that. Amazing colouring. You clever girl. xxx

Fikreta said...

this is stunning card!
love it!
hugs

mixamatoasties said...

Love that. Fabulous colouring too. Thanks for sharing your tutorial. Not sure I'm brave enough �� �� �� xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Sue, she looks fabulous
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Your card collection is really wonderful.
Soyo Stamps

Unknown said...

Some blogs like this are surely be very much important for many of the peoples who are seeking such kind of information. Like this so much.
nawalgarh pincode