Tuesday 9 January 2018

46 shades of grey...

Hello everyone,
I'm here to talk to you all about Copic greys! 

Copic make 46 different shades of grey in four colour families - Cool, Neutral, Warm and Toner. 
To show you how different each grey looks I have coloured four very cute little dogs, one in each of the copic grey colour groups.
Each colour of grey brings its own tone and feel to a picture.  You can see here how different they are.
Cool Grey (C)
Cool grey has a slight blue tint to it which makes it ideal for colouring snow and anything white.
Neutral Grey (N)
Neutral grey is actually a true neutral grey.
Warm Grey (W)
Warm grey has a hint of brown.
Toner Grey (N)
Toner grey is halfway between neutral and warm.
Copic Greys really are a very useful addition to your Copic collection!
They can be used on their own to create the colour grey or they can used over the top of more vibrant colours to soften them or create shade.

If you are n't sure which colour grey to use for your project then it will help you if you think of the colour wheel and use Warm Greys with warm colours and Cool Greys with cool colours.
I have used the little dogs I coloured in grey to make a very quick and easy card.
The red accessories are coloured with Copic R59, R37, R43.

 Ingredients from Dies To Die For
Mama Elephant - Playful Pups Stamp Set 
Mama Elephant - Playful Pups Dies
MFT Die namics - LOVE
MFT Tiny Hearts Pastels 6x6 Paper Pad
Other Ingredients
Marianne Designs Embossing Folder DF3411 
Memento Ink Pad in Tuxedo Black
Make it Colour Blending card by Elaine Hughes Marker Geek
Thank you for popping by.
Happy Copic colouring
from Sue...xxx

6 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Sue! 46 colors and you have showcased them in the cutest way possible...just looking at the cute puppies will make one think of buying copics!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sue said...

I love this Sue I'm just starting to get my copic collection up and running I've always used promarkers..it may take some time because I have no clue which colours to get as I don't want to buy all of them LOL I've got the skin ones ..huggles Sue xxx

Lorraine said...

Fabulous colouring Sue, and very cute images.
Lorraine x

Christine L said...

Just shows how different greys can be doesn't it?? Fabbie card!

Christine x

Fikreta said...

so very nice !
love all shades !

Marilyn said...

Love this card! First of all, I like the card and puppies but then it's brilliant the way you've used all the different shades of gray.
I've just purchased some of the Copic T colours and love them.